Rigging and Soft Goods
Hanging Plot (Measurement from plaster line)
|Line #||Measurement||Set Notes|
|0||0′-3″||Fire Curtain Fiberglass|
|0||1′-1″||HOUSE CURTAIN Does not travel|
|1||1′-10″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|2||2′-6″||#1 Electric Dimmers 163-168|
|3||3′-2″||#1 Electric Dimmers 37-60|
|5||4′-5″||Black Legs pair: 20′ High 10′ Wide|
|9||7′-2″||Black Out Curtain 52′ wide 20′ high w/ center opening|
|10||7′-10″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|11||8′-6″||#2 Electric Dimmers 61-72|
|12||9′-3″||Black Legs pair: 20′ high 10′ Wide|
|15||11′-7″||#3 Electric Dimmers 73-84|
|17||13′-0″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|19||14′-5″||Front Projection Screen|
|20||15′-0″||Black Legs pair: 20′ high 10′ Wide|
|21||15′-9″||Black out Curtain 52’ wide 20’ high w/ center opening|
|23||17′-0″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|24||17′-8″||#4 Electric Dimmers 85-96|
|28||20′-4′||#5 Electric Dimmers 97-108|
|29||21′-0″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|30||21′-8″||Black Legs pair: 20′ high 10′ Wide|
|34||24′-6″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|37||26′-6″||#6 Electric Dimmers 109-120|
|38||27′-2″||Black Border 10’X52′|
|39||27′-10″||Black Legs pair: 20′ high 10′ Wide|
|42||29′-10″||Black Scrim Sharkstooth|
|43||30′-6″||Plastic Cyc Grey Rear Projection|
|45||31′-10″||#7 Electric Dimmers 121-128|
|50||35′-2″||White Bounce/Cyc Leno-Filled Scrim|
Lighting System and Inventory
ETC Ion Console – 1024 Outputs with: ETC Universal Fader Wing 2X20
40 – Faders with 2 buttons each
192 Colortran 2.4K dimmers wired one dimmer per circuit.
Company switch Stage Left
400 Amp 3-phase and 100 Amp 3-phase
Company switch Stage Right
100 Amp 3-phase
Circuits are located on 2 Beams in the Front-Of-House (FOH) and on 7 Electrics Battens on the stage. These circuits are evenly spaced along each pipe. Additional circuits are located in the FOH on 2 boxes and 2 booms adjacent to the proscenium wall, on the stage behind the proscenium wall, along the back wal,l and in six floor pockets (3 SR, 3 SL). The distribution charts below show the dimmer numbers for each circuit location.
- FOH Beam #1: Circuits 13 – 36
- FOH Beam #2: Circuits 1 – 12
- #1 Electric: Circuits 37 – 60
- #2 Electric: Circuits 61 – 72
- #3 Electric: Circuits 73 – 84
- #4 Electric: Circuits 85 – 96
- #5 Electric: Circuits 97 – 108
- #6 Electric: Circuits 109 – 120
- #7 Electric: Circuits 121 – 138
- SL FOH Box: Circuits 139-144
- SR FOH Box: Circuits 145-150
- SL FOH Box Boom: Circuits 151-156
- SR FOH Box Boom: Circuits 157-162
- SL Pros. Wall: Circuits 163-168
- SR Pros. Wall: Circuits 163-168
- SL Back Wall: Circuits 163-168, 187-192
- SR Back Wall: Circuits 163-168
- SR Floor Pocket 1: Circuits 169-171
- SL Floor Pocket 1: Circuits 172-174
- SR Floor Pocket 2: Circuits 175-177
- SL Floor Pocket 2: Circuits 178-180
- SR Floor Pocket 3: Circuits 181-183
- SL Floor Pocket 3: Circuits 184-186
House chandeliers, globes, and par cans are controlled with a Colortran Viewpoint architectural control system. Presets can be selected from the lighting booth, the sound booth, and SR behind the proscenium wall.
- 1 400W HTI Lycian
- 20 1000W 15 degree
- 38 1000W 20 degree
- 50 1000W 30 degree
- 70 1000W 40 degree
Ellipsoidals (Source Four)
- 10 575W 36 degree
- 4 575W 26 degree
- 4 575 19 degree
- 6 750W 15-36 degree
- 30 750W
- 16 750W 6″
- 12 1000W 8″
- 60 1000W Par 64 (narrow, medium, and wide)
- 12 6″ light, 6 foot long, 12 150W lamp, 4 circuit
- 4 8″ light, 8 foot long, 12 500W lamp, 4 circuit
- 6 6 lamp, 3 circuit T-3 strips (300W), 56″ long
- 4 3 lamp, 3 circuit T-3 strips (300W), 28″ long
- 4 Chauvet Colorado Zoom Tour wash units
- 2 Chauvet Colorado 2 Zoom Tour wash units
- 2 Rosco IQ 16 bit mirror units
- 6 Chroma-Q Broadway single string scroller units
- 6 City Theatrical “Show Baby” wireless DMX boxes
- 6 16′ Booms with Bases
- 20 18″ Sidearms
- 30 Template Holders
- 99 6″ Top Hats
- 16 6″ Barn Doors
- 12 8″ Barn Doors
- Assorted Cables and Jumpers
- Color frames for all units
- 10′ and 8′ fiberglass Step Ladders
- Genie Lift with a Maximum height of 25′.
The Kendall Theater sound system is a dual system with a JBL center cluster designed for speech with coverage over the entire seating area. It also includes a separate stereo reinforcement system comprised of a pair of Electrovoice Deltamax enclosures. Both speaker systems are augmented by the use of an Intersonics servodrive subwoofer. All speakers are driven by Crown Com-Tech amplifiers. The mixing console is a Yamaha LS-32 Digital Sound Board located in the rear of the auditorium. The entire system is tuned to the theater using system delays and parametric equalization.
The mixing console is permanently installed in the audio booth at the rear of the theater and controls the house mix as well as the monitor speakers. There are 60 permanently installed lines running to Stage Left and Stage Right positions for mic and line level inputs as well as monitor speaker outputs.
- (1) Yamaha LS 9-32 digital mixing console
- (2) Crown CT400 Amplifiers
- (1) Crown CT800 Amplifier
- (1) Crown CT1600 Amplifier
- (1) White 4700 Programmable EQ
- (1) Yamaha DEQ7 Digital EQ
- (1) Rane SP-15 Parametric EQ
- (2) Rane GE-14 Dual 2/3 octave EQs
- (1) Sabine FBX900 Feed Back Eliminator
- (1) Klark Tecnik DN800 X-over
- (1) DBX-166A Dual Compressor
- (1) Alesis Midiverb III
- (3) JBL 2385 Horns
- (3) JBL 2445 Compression Drivers
- (4) JBL 2226H 15″; Drivers
- (1) Intersonics Bass Tech 7
- (2) EV DML-1152A Speakers
- (2) EV DMC -1152A Controller
- (2) EV S 1202ER Monitor Speakers
- (2) EV FM 1202ER Speakers
- (2) JBL Control 5 Speakers
- (1) AKG K240M Headphones
- (1) Tascam 401 MK II CD-player
- (1) Tascam 122 MK III Cassette
- (1) Panasonic SV3700 DAT
- (1) Panasonic SV3800 DAT
- (2) Shure SM-58 Microphones
- (4) Shure SM-57 Microphones
- (4) Crown PCC -160 Microphones
- (1) AKG C 34 Stereo Microphone
- (2) EV RE10 Microphones
- (2) EV 635A Microphones
- (6) Shure Belt Pack Transmitters
- (6) Countryman Tram Microphones
- (6) Shure L2/58 Hand held Transmitters
- (6) Shure L4 Wireless Receiver
- (3) Shure U4-D Dual UHF receivers
- (6) Shure U1 belt-pack transmitters
- (4) Shure MX18 D/S 18-Inch Microflex Gooseneck Mini-Condenser Microphone, with Desktop Base
Assistive Listening Devices
- Listen Systems with portable receivers and various headset configurations
- Elaborate ADC patch bay
- (2) Patchable Isolation Transformers
- (2) Patchable 50dB pads
House Mix Position
In the rear of the orchestra seating there is a panel that houses lines for placing a remote mixer in the house. This remote mix position is patchable from the booth patch bay.
Paging and Monitor Systems
Dressing rooms, control booths, and some offices are equipped with program and paging monitors.
The theatre is equipped with a two-channel Clear-com intercom system with permanent wiring to each location.
1 DS right, 1 DS left, 1 US right, 1 US left, 2 on the Fly Rail SR, 1 SL wall, 1 Loading Rail
:1 Mix Position, 1 SL Cheek Wall, 1 SR Cheek Wall, 2 in Cove
1 SL door
1 Wall Station
Musical Equipment is shared with the Don Evans Black Box Theatre.
The Theater has a compliment of orchestral risers, allowing three tiers of seating at 8″, 16″ and 24″. The risers can be set in stair-stepped levels facing straight ahead. Available are 4′ x 8′ platform risers. There are 4 each of the 8″, 16″ and 24″ risers.
- (1) 9 foot Steinway B Grand Piano;
- (1) Yamaha Avant Grande Digital Piano.
- (25) Black straight back black Wenger musicians chairs,
- (25) Black RAT Opera music stands equipped with lights
- (1) Large lighted RAT Conductors Stand
IT and Multimedia
The Main Stage Theatre is equipped with a front projection system and screen, with stage connections for VGA, S-Video, and Composite video. In addition, there are telephone, network, and CATV connections available on stage. Campus network accounts are required for access.
- Eiki LC X4L 5200 Lumen XGA Projector
- 16’x20’ screen that can be flown-in with our theatrical rigging system
- Crestron control system
- DVD Player
- VHS Video playback deck
- House Laptop Dell PC
Arrangements for additional projection, multimedia, computing, and network access must all be made through the office of Media & Technology Support Services.
The loading dock is 3′-11″ off of the ground. Stage access is through the scene shop through doors that are 9′-10″ high by 7′-8″ wide. There is a tight turn onto the stage. A 3′-0″ wide aluminum ramp is available for loading off trucks that are up to 18” higher or lower than the dock. Access to the loading dock requires a sidewalk permit from Campus Police and is made via the walkway between Armstrong Hall and the Science Complex on the west side of campus.
Scene Shop (KE-119)
The scene shop is located adjacent to the main Stage theatre and the Don Evans Black Box Theatre. It opens to the loading dock, and includes carpentry and paint facilities, tool storage, stock lumber storage, and freight elevator access. Note that it is NOT acoustically isolated from performance facilities.
Costume Shop (KE-027)
The costume shop includes separate work and storage areas. The work area is an open space with sewing and ironing facilities, and is suitable for fittings, alterations, and distribution. The storage area holds the TCNJ costume inventory and laundry facilities with a washer and dryer.
Scenic and Prop Storage (KE-029)
There is a scenic and prop storage area located close to the freight elevator in the basement of Kendall Hall. This area is filled to capacity with flats, columns, furniture, and props owned by the College and available for use in TCNJ productions.
Locker / Restrooms (KE-003, KE-011, KE-005, KE-012)
There are male and female locker rooms, with adjoining restrooms and showers are located in the basement level, within easy access of the Make-Up room, this area is fully equipped with locker, changing, shower, and restroom space for up to 15 people. These rooms are shared by both theatres in Kendall Hall.
Private Dressing Rooms (KE-018, KE-019)
There are two private dressing rooms each appropriate for 2-4 people. Each contains a table and chair, a small sofa, and a sink with running water.
Kendall Makeup Room (KE-016)
The Make-Up room is configured with make-up stations and stools for more than 15 simultaneous users. There is also a sink with running water, and space for a few costume racks. It is shared by both theatres in Kendall Hall, and is also used for classes.
Kendall Green Room (KE-067)
The green room, located near the elevator on the lower level of the theater, is a room suitable for 15-20 performers to warm up, or wait prior to a performance or special event. It is shared by both theatres in Kendall Hall.